strangefate

Tower of Iron Will

All who enter the Tower regain 100 sanity points.

Machine of Death: A Collection of Stories About People Who Know How They Will Die
Randall Munroe, James Foreman, K. Sekelsky, Camron Miller, John Chernega, David Michael Wharton, K.M. Lawrence, Jeffrey C. Wells, Vera Brosgol, Kit Yona, J. Jack Unrau, Jeff Stautz, Aaron Diaz, Matthew Bennardo, Yahtzee Croshaw, Douglas J. Lane, Brian Quinlan, Kate Beaton

Time Travel & Talking to Yourself

We Can Fix It: A Time Travel Memoir - Jess Fink (Artist)

A woman with a time machine visits past versions of herself in an attempt to undo and prevent all the mistakes and humiliations of her past. Unfortunately her past selves are too stubborn to listen to her nagging advice and insist on finding things out for themselves. In the end the voyage becomes a lesson in embracing the positive from the past and not dwelling on the pain.

As someone who has had many heated imaginary conversations with past versions of myself, this book spoke to me. I no longer think confronting myself in the past would be an effective strategy for self improvement. I suspect in my case it would end in a lot of eye rolling and bitter sarcasm.