strangefate

Tower of Iron Will

All who enter the Tower regain 100 sanity points.

Machine of Death: A Collection of Stories About People Who Know How They Will Die
Randall Munroe, James Foreman, K. Sekelsky, Camron Miller, John Chernega, David Michael Wharton, K.M. Lawrence, Jeffrey C. Wells, Vera Brosgol, Kit Yona, J. Jack Unrau, Jeff Stautz, Aaron Diaz, Matthew Bennardo, Yahtzee Croshaw, Douglas J. Lane, Brian Quinlan, Kate Beaton

The prince

The Prince - Niccolò Machiavelli If I every decide to enter into an alliance with the Pope to drive the French from Naples, subdue Venice, and restore the de Medici family to power in Florence, this book will be invaluable.

Reading this book I kept asking myself the same question as I did reading Thomas More's Utopia: is this guy serious or is this satire. Did Machiavelli write down on paper the dark truths of politics and human nature that everyone pretends are not true and never says out loud, or is this a Screwtape Letter giving bad advice with a big wink to let the reader know it is bad advice? I suspect that if you think Machiavelli was writing totally at face value then you are missing the deeper point, but if you think it is all a big joke then you are completely missing the point.