strangefate

Tower of Iron Will

All who enter the Tower regain 100 sanity points.

Machine of Death: A Collection of Stories About People Who Know How They Will Die
Randall Munroe, James Foreman, K. Sekelsky, Camron Miller, John Chernega, David Michael Wharton, K.M. Lawrence, Jeffrey C. Wells, Vera Brosgol, Kit Yona, J. Jack Unrau, Jeff Stautz, Aaron Diaz, Matthew Bennardo, Yahtzee Croshaw, Douglas J. Lane, Brian Quinlan, Kate Beaton

The Glory and Horror of the Internet

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir - Felicia Day

I don't read a lot of biographies because I am not that interested in people, but recently I have read books by Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and now Felicia Day. Beautiful women who are also funny fascinate and confuse me because they do not need to be funny to survive the way fat and bald guys do. The fact that an attractive woman would make the effort to be funny seems to me worthy of congratulations by itself, but the fact that Fey, Poehler, and Day actually are funny makes me want to pull my fat bald self up off of my chair and salute; not that I will because it is way too much effort.

The book is quite good. You get a lot of details about how Day created her internet series The Guild and her YouTube channel, details about her obsession with gaming, her struggles with depression and her interactions with fans, both positive and negative. The glory of the internet is that it provides a platform for anyone with a unique perspective and some creativity to share their thoughts and creations with the whole world. The horror of the internet is that it provides the same platform to hate-filled cowards who hurl threats and obscenities at the people who are trying to be entertaining. Anyone who hates Felicia Day for trying to be funny online has officially failed the Voight-Kampff test.