strangefate

Tower of Iron Will

All who enter the Tower regain 100 sanity points.

Machine of Death: A Collection of Stories About People Who Know How They Will Die
Randall Munroe, James Foreman, K. Sekelsky, Camron Miller, John Chernega, David Michael Wharton, K.M. Lawrence, Jeffrey C. Wells, Vera Brosgol, Kit Yona, J. Jack Unrau, Jeff Stautz, Aaron Diaz, Matthew Bennardo, Yahtzee Croshaw, Douglas J. Lane, Brian Quinlan, Kate Beaton

Empiricism and Stoicism are Dark Green

Philographics: Big Ideas in Simple Shapes - Genis Carreras

Carreras uses colorful minimalist icons as symbols for philosophical ideas. Each image is paired with a one or two sentence definition of the concept. If you are looking for deep analysis of complex ideas this is not the book, rather this is the book for artistic iconography to express ideas you already understand. I can imagine these symbols hanging like banners in philosophy classrooms to announce the teacher's philosophical perspective, or people wearing multiple philographic buttons to express their opinions like a more sophisticated version of bumper stickers .

It bugs me a bit that Idealism has one of the most attractive symbols in the collection. I do like how well the color schemes of Empiricism and Stoicism blend; two unrelated ideas but both appealing.